Do you shoot with a 35mm rangefinder or compact camera? If so, then I want to hear from you!
I’m looking for people to write content for 35mmc, and if you are interested in the same sort of cameras I am, you might just be the person to contribute!
I can ramble on until the end of days on this blog, but all it really amounts to is just one meandering perspective – I want to hear your point of view!
There are a few ways you can contribute:
If you have a 35mm compact or rangefinder camera that you have a particular fancy for, and feel like you can string 800+ words (the more the better) together on the subject, then I would like to hear from you!
As for the expected content of these reviews… If you have read any reviews around the site, you will see that I like to keep things relatively informal. I’d like to hear about how and why you get on with, or indeed don’t get on with a camera. I like to hear how a camera actually works, not just what it says it does in the back of the manual. And above all, I like to hear how and why the features appeal to you and the way you shoot.
I’d also actively encourage anyone to take advantage of this to link back to to their own blog as much as possible, especially if it contains lots of relevant photos etc. Not to mention linking to twitter accounts, facebook pages, flickr galleries and the like…
If you would like some inspiration you can find other guest reviews here
Answer the 10 Compact Photographer Questions
When I first constructed this website, I had the idea that I’d like to hear people’s opinions in such a way that they could be compared to those of others – to achieve this, I made up a set of question:
- First, a bit of background? As much or as little as you are comfortable sharing… Name, Where you are from, what you do, What else in life do you enjoy? that sort of thing?
- How long have you been taking photos?
- What sort of photography do you enjoy or partake in the most (street, landscape, etc)?
- Which is/are your favourite 35mmc compact/rangefinder cameras?
- How big a part of your photography life are 35mm compact cameras/rangefinders?
- What about the experience of shooting with these cameras appeals to you?
- How do you feel they have effected your style? become part of it? or are the reason for it…?
- What is it specifically about these cameras that appeal to you so much?
- What was the path to this shooting habit? How did you discover it appealed to you?
- Show us your favourite/best images taken with a compact or rangefinder camera?
Other peoples answers can be found here
Ignore the questions
Not everyone chooses to answer them directly – in this post Luis just talked us through his enjoyment of these sorts of cameras without using the questions at all. This is more than fine too!
Or something else…
It doesn’t need to be a review, and you don’t need to answer the questions above. If you have something interesting and unique to add, then get get in touch…
I want to hear about why people choose and enjoy the same sorts of cameras I do…
If you shoot a rangefinder, why? What led you to that choice of camera?
Do you love a Leica? Or do you hate Leicas and think a Voigtlander or Zeiss Ikon ZM is the way forward?
Or maybe you love a rangfinder, but only if it has a thread mount with an uncoated lens on the front..?
Do you get your kicks out of unloved point & shoot cameras you find in dusty boxes in the back of charity shops?
Or maybe its that pocket gem with that tack sharp Japanese optic that gives you your kicks?
Or perhaps all you need little more than an Olympus Trip 35 and a roll of poundland film to keep you happy?
What ever the content, I’d like photos too, photos of the camera’s you talk about, and of course the photos taken with them!.
I also want you to add links to your posts – links to bodies of your work, your website, blog, tumblr, twitter, FB, Flickr etc. Links to anything you like as long as its relevant!
If you fancy submitting a post, then get in touch, I’ll send you a link to register on the site and you can start posting!
Subscribe to email updates
Join my mailing lists to receive a notification the moment I publish a blog post